A Noble Conjecture

I constantly torment myself with my burgeoning intelect...sometimes I wet my pants.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Gomorah, Sodom

I recognise my indulgence in alcohol is a cause of concern. I am equally distraught at my incorrigible insistence to partake in the celebration of my continued sluggish state brought upon by self inflicted and militaristic penchant for mindless mutilation. And you may go ahead and assume that God loves you more but He wants you to know that I am still his favourite.

Saturday, August 15, 2009

Recovery

The barking of my neighbours dogs woke me this morning and since there was nothing on my calendar calling my name I was able to pull the sheet over my head and hibernate for an extra little while.

It’s been one hell of a week and my mood have been tossed about like a fucking sampan on the rough seas. I've been at the pub for the past 17 nights out of which I was so drunk out of my mind at least in 5 outings. Last night was no different. I feel desperately in need of time to calm down.

So I decided to take the morning for myself. It is Saturday and I should be at the saltmine but it's raining and my mobile did not ring with news, good or bad. The rain smells funny. Cloud seeding, I was told. So I sat on the couch outside the house for a long while with a book and coffee, enjoying the silence and solitude. I thought to myself I need this bit of time to recover.

Recovery for me, always involves quiet time, solitude, being at home, chilling out, books, music. If I feel particularly brave, I might venture out for some strong coffee or drive over to my favourite sio bee shop. Most of all, I need to give my body to heal. Come Monday, perhaps I will have become more settled into this detoxing process.

All right then, let the recovery begin…

3 Comments:

Anonymous janice said...

Good thinking, darling. Sometimes we all need to purge our system of all these impurities.

janice

Sunday, 16 August, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Be kind to yourself and heal, bro.

Sunday, 16 August, 2009  
Blogger Demented said...

janice : and your point is...?

anon : and your point also is...?

Monday, 17 August, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home