A Noble Conjecture

I constantly torment myself with my burgeoning intelect...sometimes I wet my pants.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Gomorah, Sodom

I recognise my indulgence in alcohol is a cause of concern. I am equally distraught at my incorrigible insistence to partake in the celebration of my continued sluggish state brought upon by self inflicted and militaristic penchant for mindless mutilation. And you may go ahead and assume that God loves you more but He wants you to know that I am still his favourite.

Tuesday, July 07, 2009

In The England

There was nothing interesting on the other channels last night so I watched the local eight o'clock news. The TV news crew was interviewing a Kelantanese man on the current debate and issues surrounding the teaching of maths and science in English in schools. The poor dude was caught off guard and simply said that it was important and even used the word 'global' or something like that. He was obviously confused as I was confused. Because I thought these two subjects were already taught in English. Didn't the government implement this like years ago and now there's a debate over it? I thought this shit was already cast in stone and shit!

And then I remembered a couple of mornings ago, down at the coffeeshop, over hearing that this issue is far from settled. It seems the powers that be also now wants English to be a compulsory subject to pass as a prerequisite to qualify to sit for the SPM. This of course did not go down well with certain quarters.

In the mind boggling of the workings of the country's politics, it also seems that the politicians and the the Education Minister himself remains unsure of how to go about this issue. Most importantly, it appears that they do not want to make rash decisions for fear of backlashes if the decision is unsavoury politically.

While still on the same news channel someone whose name escapes me now but all nicely dressed, suit and all and with the obvious politician pomp was interviewed next.

And he went like this - " soooooo...I know lah English subject tu very important. I dulu pun study in English jugak. Our children must be taught this subject. So, kite kat ministry faham sentiment orang kite. But we must understand the bigger picture. This is a very pressing issue. Ini isu penting. So, kita tak boleh politicise isu macam ni. We will discuss this with the minister and I will raise this matter up in the next sitting...".

I pressed the next button and a local soap production was on.

"... so, you know kan, yang dier tu tak nak consider kite punye suggestion. So, I discuss la dengan dier punye mother-in-law. So, you know, yang Managing Director tu...so dier agree lah dengan proposal kite tapi...tu lah...thats why..."

Sounds familiar?

I mean, is this because of habit or because these ones wants to impress people that they could speak in the england?

Aiyah, lets not kid ourselves, lah.

1 Comments:

Anonymous McKensley Anak Jacobsen said...

What are you toking around about? Next time toking lah properly.

Wednesday, 08 July, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home