A Noble Conjecture

I constantly torment myself with my burgeoning intelect...sometimes I wet my pants.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Gomorah, Sodom

I recognise my indulgence in alcohol is a cause of concern. I am equally distraught at my incorrigible insistence to partake in the celebration of my continued sluggish state brought upon by self inflicted and militaristic penchant for mindless mutilation. And you may go ahead and assume that God loves you more but He wants you to know that I am still his favourite.

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Mumps

I woke up yesterday morning with this awful pain just below my left jaw. I touched and felt a lump. It was painful to the touch and then I panicked. I didn't feel good, almost feverish and my throat felt dry but the swelling got me worried.

Could it be the mumps?

But I remember my momma telling me that you get the mumps only once in your life and even that, just before one reaches puberty or some shit like that.

And as I was staring at myself in the bathroom mirror I was thinking I couldn't be going through puberty again. I don't think so.

I then called the good doctor and explained to him the symptoms - the temp, dry throat, fever, the swelling.

"Errrrm...viral...mumps", he simply said.

And then announced in one breath that I had the mamo-hetereo-pina-colada-mumbo-jambo and that there was a strong possibility I was going through puberty again. I could almost see him laughing on the other end. Told him I found him to be a very funny person in the morning and managed a little laugh despite the pain in my throat and the nagging stiffness in my neck.

He then asked if there were any swelling anywhere else and insisted I checked my crotch region. No swelling there I said. This time he laughed.

"Could be some viral infection. Come on over and let me look at it", he offered.

"You're not serious, right?", I asked.

"Why not?", he said.

"You actually want to check out my fucking dick?", and that's when he went all medical with me and advised lots of liquid of the good kind and rest with strong caution to stay away from the beer for at least three days.

I like Dr. Eric. We went to school together and I like him best for his morbid humour. Takes after his mom he says.

Whatever. But last night I had a few of the big cats. I figured if this is anything viral then alcohol's the answer.

And strangely enough, I felt better when I woke up this morning. The swelling had gone down a little, the fever is almost gone and I feel good.

Now, I ride!!!

To the fortress of servitude!!!

Awaaaaay!!!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Jude said...

Darling, be careful. I see you're running with pale faces now. They might infect you.

Thursday, 23 July, 2009  
Blogger Demented said...

jude : very funny...

Sunday, 26 July, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home