A Noble Conjecture

I constantly torment myself with my burgeoning intelect...sometimes I wet my pants.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Gomorah, Sodom

I recognise my indulgence in alcohol is a cause of concern. I am equally distraught at my incorrigible insistence to partake in the celebration of my continued sluggish state brought upon by self inflicted and militaristic penchant for mindless mutilation. And you may go ahead and assume that God loves you more but He wants you to know that I am still his favourite.

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Jim the Barman


That's Jim the barman at 'my place'. And he is currently placed very high on my list of who to benefit in my will. Such a monkey, he is.

I have been to many watering holes and have invested much time in some for numerous reasons. One watering hole thats worth mentioning here is this place called 'The Tavern'. It used to be this obscure little place at the very corner lot of Taman Seri Sarawak Mall right in front of The Hilton. Very cozy and the only place in town which did not offer any loud music. Heck! They didn't even have a tv. I miss the place. A lot of nice memories there. I even had the privilege of designing the mandatory signage hung outside the pub.

And who could forget the bell?. They have this bell, you see. Hung right in the middle of the horse-shoe bar. It is not one of those little metal nonsense that goes 'ting' but this huge motherfucker that actually goes 'bong'. It was an old antique bronze bell complete with this huge hawser tied to the clapper. It had a distinct phalliac resemblence to it but thats another story. And if one was in a charitable mood, he rings the bell and that indicated that freebies were coming our way. But that was years ago. 'The Tavern' is, unfortunately no more.

'My place' reminds me of 'The Tavern'. Not so much of the setting but the people who made it happen every day. Like Jim up there. And the rest of the staff included. I have never met anyone who could mask anger, sadness and maybe to a certain extent, depression as well as he does. I kid you not. He is constantly happy and never fails to smile. Sometimes I think he tries too hard but thats why I like this place. Everyone tries very hard to please everybody. But won't you if you want people to keep patronizing your place? Just look at Jim up there.

Everytime the guys see my ride, they rush outside to greet me. I mean, that I think is the ultimate in service and very uncommon anywhere else. Ghana never fails to check if I had ample cigarettes to last the night and if I didn't, he'll offer to buy. And when I leave, Joanne rushes over to give me a hug. Hmmmm...I wonder if I could actually work my way into her pants.

That aside, thats the very same treatment I used to enjoy and I suppose everyone else got from Sali the barman at 'The Tavern' then.

The guys even know the beer I want and in which glass it should be poured and on the right coaster too.

Jim, Ghana, Siong, Oswald, Gary and of course, the ever beautifull Cherie and Joanne...You guys are the best!!!

I will see you guys later.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jin Hien Lau said...

sumone once gave me a pair of boxers. i hate her now

Wednesday, 09 August, 2006  
Blogger Demented said...

jin : with daffy duck prints?

Wednesday, 09 August, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home