A Noble Conjecture

I constantly torment myself with my burgeoning intelect...sometimes I wet my pants.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Gomorah, Sodom

I recognise my indulgence in alcohol is a cause of concern. I am equally distraught at my incorrigible insistence to partake in the celebration of my continued sluggish state brought upon by self inflicted and militaristic penchant for mindless mutilation. And you may go ahead and assume that God loves you more but He wants you to know that I am still his favourite.

Thursday, August 03, 2006

For Her


Here is something I attempted at the table after having a tete-a-tete dinner with a certain female companion a few months ago. A beautiful one, at that. I have just met her then and after a few days, I called and arrange for dinner and drinks. She obliged. You see, I don't fancy going to trendy, contemporary diners or whatever you might like to refer to all these new age establishment which are only out to impress your visuals rather then the gastronomic experience.

I can't help but notice that everytime my friends patron these places they go at length to describe to me first of the settings, the ambiance, the lighting and what not. Asked of the food, the reply is almost everytime the same - 'Not bad'. Period. Im not suggesting here that all of these places are like that. I've been to a few and they are all good but most are just trying too hard to be 'cool' as one of my friends put it. What is so cool about a restaurant anyway???

I'm not one of those hopeless romantic who can come up at a moments notice on a perfect place to have dinner with a woman. I know first impression is vital but due to my anxiety of first dates and like so many before this, I let her decide on the venue. Thank goodness, she chose this nice quiet place that I used to frequent which is by the river. It was a beautiful night and we talked about poetry and the arts, music and almost everything. So since I told her that I sometimes dabble in poetry, she asked me to write something about her and this is what I wrote...
    You walk in beauty, like the night of cloudless
    and starry skies...
    Like a river...gently, quietly flowing through my heart
    where all the empty spaces used to be ...
    And all that's best of dark and bright
    they meet all in your eyes...
    And on that cheek, and over that brow...
    ...so soft, so calm...yet passionate
    Your pleasing touch on my skin cast my senses into
    moments of bliss...
    However brief but deep enough to feel your fingers
    crawling through my soul...
    I taste your smile, I feel your laughter...
    I want to act in passion and lose myself there.

    You know she's beautiful. She paid for dinner.

    4 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    The guys and I have came to a conclusion that this woman you proudly speak of are one and the same. yes?

    and i dont see you 'there' anymore. how come?

    Sunday, 06 August, 2006  
    Blogger Demented said...

    pete : sorry bro, i haven't been myself.

    what woman? could be a man, you know.

    Monday, 07 August, 2006  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Isn't it obvious that this woman is me? *Ahaks*

    Monday, 07 August, 2006  
    Blogger Demented said...

    ladyinthetub : errrr..you wish.

    Tuesday, 08 August, 2006  

    Post a Comment

    << Home