A Noble Conjecture

I constantly torment myself with my burgeoning intelect...sometimes I wet my pants.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Gomorah, Sodom

I recognise my indulgence in alcohol is a cause of concern. I am equally distraught at my incorrigible insistence to partake in the celebration of my continued sluggish state brought upon by self inflicted and militaristic penchant for mindless mutilation. And you may go ahead and assume that God loves you more but He wants you to know that I am still his favourite.

Thursday, August 10, 2006

I Am Young

I had an early lunch. I was too hungry. I had lunch with a beautiful woman. I like her.

Other than that, it's a typical Thursday morning. I got in just before 9:00am and as soon as I sat, the phones started to ring. And ring. And ring. Despite the usual morning madness, I'm feeling rather chipper.

And being busy is always good. It makes time passes very fast. It makes time rocket by like a burning Betty bomber plummeting towards its fiery demise on the surface of the Pacific Ocean. I also had a duuuhh! moment early this morning. I woke up at 8.00am and was in such a rush to avoid traffic that I drove off and actually forgot to bring my handphone. Again. I swear, these days I'd forget my head if it wasn't attached to my neck. I turned back.

Or maybe I'm getting old.

Why is that I can't help thinking that I am? I just hit mid 30 and I feel I have aged twice over. Why is that? Or maybe I have been hanging out with younger men and women of late. My sister commented the other day that my shirts have distictively shrunk to a size 'm' and getting smaller everday. I'm trying to be young and thinking I'm not at the same time. What the fuck is wrong with me?

I know that thinking like that is very silly. There's nothing wrong with this and I shouldn't be thinking like that. And why the fuck are there so many 'that' in this paragraph???

And of course there's my studly friends who keep forgetting that I'm not like them and therefore do not have their good looks, social graces and physical presence - while not essential, these attributes make social interactions easier. They have no problems in this department. Or maybe its because I spend too much time on my own that I have absolutely forgotten the ethics of social interactions. I drink alone, I go to the movies alone, I hike alone, I swim alone, I go to the park alone, I masturbate alone...errrr that one didn't come out right. I value my friends' opinions and to have them disprove and look at me in a cynical and funny way would sting. I don't know whether I could deal with that. In reality, they probably wouldn't look at me funny (at least not all of them). It's probably my warped mind. And perception as you may know, shapes reality.

Damn me and my issues.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home