A Noble Conjecture

I constantly torment myself with my burgeoning intelect...sometimes I wet my pants.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Gomorah, Sodom

I recognise my indulgence in alcohol is a cause of concern. I am equally distraught at my incorrigible insistence to partake in the celebration of my continued sluggish state brought upon by self inflicted and militaristic penchant for mindless mutilation. And you may go ahead and assume that God loves you more but He wants you to know that I am still his favourite.

Sunday, November 09, 2008

I Am Brother Love

"...and that they will know we are Christians by our love"

I just wonder - why can't we just have the love for it's own sake? I mean, why do we have to be kind to people only to convert them?

Like, I got friends who are not of the faith. The Christian faith. And a few more who just choose not to be affiliated of any organised religious group but still believe in a higher entity. Unbelievers, we call them. Sometimes atheists or something like that.

Do they really need to be converted? Do we need to convert them?

I think my unbeliever or atheist friends needs no such external compulsion. Or persuasion. They, in my opinion are good people by his or her own nature.

I stand corrected but I sometimes think that religious folks have to be commanded to have morals. Coaxed and sometimes goaded. Its like their beliefs comes only from the will of some great force they're afraid of or something. And on Sundays such as this morning, the sermon is laced to guilt the listeners into such behavior. And then they harbor ill feelings in the absence of these pressures.

But is not the person morally superior if the same can hold commendable beliefs without being forced?

And I find it unbelievable that sometimes brothers of the same faith would claim they are morally superior than the unbelievers or atheists because of the beliefs they hold. Like, they say murder is wrong. That killing another is wrong except when it is morally justified. Well, many unbelivers and atheists frineds of mine think killing is just wrong. And that the killing of one person to save others is necessary. But still wrong.

Errrr...

Okay.

I really don't know where I'm going with this one.

Need sleep.

Sleeeeeeep.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

er...is it like the case of you trying to convert me into the Jumanji religion everytime we meet for beers ka?

Thursday, 13 November, 2008  
Blogger Demented said...

i must try other ways to convince you lah.

Friday, 14 November, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home