A Noble Conjecture

I constantly torment myself with my burgeoning intelect...sometimes I wet my pants.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Gomorah, Sodom

I recognise my indulgence in alcohol is a cause of concern. I am equally distraught at my incorrigible insistence to partake in the celebration of my continued sluggish state brought upon by self inflicted and militaristic penchant for mindless mutilation. And you may go ahead and assume that God loves you more but He wants you to know that I am still his favourite.

Sunday, August 31, 2008

My Negara

We have been inundated by statutory declarations after declarations, I'm convinced that if I actually did one declaring that there is indeed a screaming-man-eating-tortoise, someone out there will probably believe me.

And what about all this swearing that's been going on lately? Starting with that dude who swore to have been butt fucked by the guy who just won the by-election recently. And that sort of started the trend. Seems it was cool to take the oath while invoking the name of God or gods or whatever. Then it was scary and dubious looking Second Man who swore he didn't know the Mongolian lady who blew...I mean who got blown to pieces. Twice, it is reported, he did so. And then there's the former chief of ministers who also swore...errr, I don't know why for.

I remember as a young boy, my parents would go ballistic if I said "I swear..." during arguments. My mom would then start quoting from the good book on why it was a grave sin to swear but not before I got a good one across my face. I called mom the night when they aired butt fucked guy swearing on the holy book and asked her what she thought. She just told me to be a good Christian. And I was like...errrr..

What about talks of a new government to be formed by the head honcho of the opposition gang not two weeks from today? And the sudden move by Pak and his own gang lowering petrol price by fucking 15 cents per litre on the eve of the by-election? And along comes scary and dubious looking Second Man threatening to pull the issuing of rebates if the people didn't appreciate their initiative to reduce the peoples burden. And I'm like, my fucking burden is reduced just because 15 cents got slashed from the fucking fuel price? No wonder them morons lost that one.

But I woke up to a beautiful Sunday morning today, switched on the TV and the celebration of independence of Malaya was just getting started in the federal capital. Last night, I was told, here in my home state, we had our own thing...going on...festival...celebration thing. Whatever. Lots of fireworks, I was told.

And at church this morning, we did something different. We sang the 'Negaraku'. I don't know about you but when was the last time you actually sang this one? I felt strangely nice inside afterwards.

I think I love my country. For whatever reasons but its really a shame to have morons running the show.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home