A Noble Conjecture

I constantly torment myself with my burgeoning intelect...sometimes I wet my pants.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Gomorah, Sodom

I recognise my indulgence in alcohol is a cause of concern. I am equally distraught at my incorrigible insistence to partake in the celebration of my continued sluggish state brought upon by self inflicted and militaristic penchant for mindless mutilation. And you may go ahead and assume that God loves you more but He wants you to know that I am still his favourite.

Friday, July 18, 2008

I Give Up

I realised last night I've 12 DVD's bought over the last couple of months that I haven't watched. So at about 2:27am this morning I thought I did "Vantage Point". Had a few rounds over at Ruai earlier and wasn't drunk enough to go to sleep. Can't say much about this one though. I thought I'd enjoyed it better if I was shot with copious amount of buffalo tranquilizer just so my brain shuts down. I gave up, killed the movie 45 minutes into it and slept. Stupid movie, that one.

I don't know about you but I also gave up on radio a long time ago. Local TV too. But on my way to the salt mine this morning I thought I'd switched on to one of the government station just to get an update on the latest propaganda and shit.

"...quitter? Are you a quitter?", the man said.

Without lifting my finger of the FM button, I killed the show. One of those Focus on The Family type, I think. Stupid.

But that same shit got me thinking a little while later. Am I a quitter? Have I quit on something...on someone, maybe?

But just because I don't want to do something anymore doesn't mean I'm a quitter. I don't quit. I fucking give up. Sometimes, I think that's what you have to do.

There are times when what you are pursuing just isn't worth the time, aggravation and effort anymore. Maybe the pursuit was the real endgame. When you've given it your all and there's no more to give, short of your life or your soul. When it's time to wave the fucking white flag or throw in the towel. When it's time to take a step back and say, "Sorry folks, but I'm good and done". And walk away.

It's really not a bad thing.

And for the love of Methuselah's mother, I did not go to that thing over in Damai last weekend. So stop asking if I did!!!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So are you quiting or giving up on that thing over in Damai?

Janice :)

Saturday, 19 July, 2008  
Blogger Demented said...

anon : i gave up on that thing last year.

Monday, 21 July, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

is it true that man loses interest in pursuing a woman, after they have sex?

-anon

Monday, 21 July, 2008  
Blogger Demented said...

anon : yes, they do. mostly they just give up if they're man like me. because i dont lose interest, i just give up.

Monday, 21 July, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that's a shallow man.

-anon

Monday, 21 July, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home