A Noble Conjecture

I constantly torment myself with my burgeoning intelect...sometimes I wet my pants.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Gomorah, Sodom

I recognise my indulgence in alcohol is a cause of concern. I am equally distraught at my incorrigible insistence to partake in the celebration of my continued sluggish state brought upon by self inflicted and militaristic penchant for mindless mutilation. And you may go ahead and assume that God loves you more but He wants you to know that I am still his favourite.

Friday, May 16, 2008

Passenger

I like my Christian brother's especially on Sunday mornings because they get charitable and I get offered to join them for breakfast. I think this is just an effort by the brothers to preach and Christianised me better which is fine by me because breakfast with these lot is almost always errr...entertaining.

So last Sunday while enjoying my super-special-telur-atas -Penang-fried-kueh-tiaw one brother asked me, out of the blue, if I ever felt like I was a passenger in my own life. And I'm like...whiskey tango foxtrot but because it was a Sunday, I just told him a flat no. I know too well where this line of questioning would eventually lead and not intending to give the brother the benefit of continuing this Sunday spiritual inspired talks, I quickly asked him if he thought that guy, Job of the Old Testament, was for real. Yeahhhh, that got the brother going.

But back at my place, I couldn't stop thinking about what he asked. Am I a passenger in my own life?

Although the metaphor is wearing thin, the only thing I feel I'm in control of are speed and direction. And I have a terrible sense of direction. I try to avoid the groove and pot holes, but that means I very often wind up in unexpected places. Sometimes it’s fucking hell. And sometimes it’s not. But I like it this way.

But do I want to be the passenger in my own life? Seems the expected answer would be no and that I want to be the driver but I think I'd rather be the car. Although I’m not so crazy about the car metaphor thing, given the choice (and I have been), I want to be my life. Not a user of my life, not the driver, not the passenger, but actually be my life.

Maybe it’s my age…not yet the wise old man (still tring to figure how I can get my hands on that illusive MYR17,000,000 which I think is the exact amount of moolah that would put an end to my financial woes indefinitely)…but experienced enough to have selected some seasoned perspectives. If my life is a vehicle to be driven, I want to be the car. I want to be my life, not separate from it. I’m leaning away from thinking of my life as something to be moved from one place to another. Life just is, wherever we are and whatever we’re doing. Fuck man, experiences come to us and we just try to fucking live them.

So, no. I don’t think I want to be a passenger in my own life and I don’t want to be the driver either.

But I sure as hell hope this car doesn't break down unexpectedly along the way.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're going nuts with these superficially religious metaphors again lah...meet you at Ruai, 4pm. Can you tab be the car?

Friday, 16 May, 2008  
Blogger Demented said...

langkau : cant help it lah. the church seems to have a good brainwashing programme that suits me. ruai at 4 it is.

Friday, 16 May, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Funny but I kind of agree with you on the 'I want to be the car' part. I never thought life can be associated with cars. Nice.

Tuesday, 20 May, 2008  
Blogger Demented said...

mel sim : life can also be associated with panties and especially black ones preferably of the thong kind.

Wednesday, 21 May, 2008  
Blogger bastard united said...

"kanid, itu kereta apa tu...." quoted by another kanid. remember???
hahahahah...

Wednesday, 21 May, 2008  
Blogger Demented said...

what kind of car is that...pointing at the 747. shit! that was funny man.

nyways...that my friend is a classic fiat. think its the only one around. pete of ruai just got himself another classic. 1971 fiat series 1 for only 7 grand last week.

Wednesday, 21 May, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home