A Noble Conjecture

I constantly torment myself with my burgeoning intelect...sometimes I wet my pants.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Gomorah, Sodom

I recognise my indulgence in alcohol is a cause of concern. I am equally distraught at my incorrigible insistence to partake in the celebration of my continued sluggish state brought upon by self inflicted and militaristic penchant for mindless mutilation. And you may go ahead and assume that God loves you more but He wants you to know that I am still his favourite.

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Flu

So I went to see this doctor yesterday morning because I didn't feel very good when I woke up. I felt a little feverish.

I called in sick and asked the office where I could use my Med Card. I was told there was one clinic not very far from my house.

I drove over and walked in to find myself being the only client...no, patient, in the waiting area. I presented my card and the bored looking lady behind the registration counter asked, "First time?" To which I replied, "No. I had fever sometime in December last year too. Its the weather I think". She wasn't amused.

I was pointed to the doctors room and a nurse told me to take a seat by the doctors table.

"Alone?", she asked.

No sure why she asked me that but I nodded.

Said the doctor would be atending to me in a minute. She looked bored. It was a nice room with lots of books. Thick medical related books and references. And scanning around to my surprise I found a whole shelf dedicated to books I remember from law school and I swear he also has 'The complete Guide to Company Law for Idiots'. I made a quick note to remember to tell the good doctor not to quit his job.

So he walked in.

"How are we today?"

Told him I didn't feel too good. He tried to smile I think and said, "You came to the right place. First time?".

"No...I mean, yes. I think I got the flu and I feel a little dizzy"

He did the standard checks - my temp, throat and heart beat.

"A bit of temp there....pulse normal...throats a bit dry...errrrmmm...check your BP"

Good doctor proceeded to wrap my right arm with the BP band thing and mumbled something.

"How old?", he asked.

I was beginning to feel that the people here love to leave their question hanging.

"Wrong side of thirty", I replied.

"You better be. I'm reading 150 here and it shouldn't. Are you on any BP meds?"

"No. And I don't feel like I need to start. But do I?"

He gave me a long look and said, "Ok. I'm sure its not serious and it could be the flu. From the bags under your eyes, you didn't sleep well either. It could be all that. You need to rest today. But I need to see you back here in 13 days".

"Why 13 days?", I asked.

"Three days for you to recover from the flu. 10 days for you to stop smoking and if you drink, that too. And whatever unhealthy activity you do...errrmm and try to sleep early ".

And with that he prescribed my medications of which I checked later to be the standard paracetamol, cough syrup and antibiotics.

I left the clinic in a daze.

The meds are still in the car. I haven't touched any of it and I'm feeling much better.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Feel betta!!!! Muacks*

Thursday, 21 February, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

First, high BP: welcome to the club. I would like to give you a gay hug!

Second, bullshit about the 10 days don't smoke, don't drink kind of thing. Well, don't smoke is a good advice coz that contributes to high BP. But don't drink?! What the fuck, man! Which school did the doc graduate from? Don't drink..cheh..

Third, go for a complete check up. At our age, man, this is like checking your car's timing belt.

Friday, 22 February, 2008  
Blogger Demented said...

irry : feeling much better

langkau fiction : i prefer to go and see the chinese sinseh now.

Saturday, 23 February, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i have BP too. the doc-of-many-degrees gave me propanolol...and if u google deep enough, u will find it's a memory-erasing pill.

i would like to have the docs from all around the world to take all the pills first before prescribing it to others. a cert is not enough to prove that we can trust them. action speaks louder than words.

-anon

Saturday, 23 February, 2008  
Blogger nazib said...

be paranoid. it's like a virus simply manufactured to propose a threat. and voila, a new feature-enhanced version of anti-virus is launched. and we are victims of these capitalists. live life the way you like. after all, panadol does nothing.

Tuesday, 26 February, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go do check-up and you may end up like me bradder: diabetic, cholesterol and BP extremely high. So now, I'm on the pills--for life. Shit. Not good for someone who's gonna start dealing with sexy chicks and hip parties every other day! Bad bad...

-munster

Wednesday, 27 February, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home