A Noble Conjecture

I constantly torment myself with my burgeoning intelect...sometimes I wet my pants.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Gomorah, Sodom

I recognise my indulgence in alcohol is a cause of concern. I am equally distraught at my incorrigible insistence to partake in the celebration of my continued sluggish state brought upon by self inflicted and militaristic penchant for mindless mutilation. And you may go ahead and assume that God loves you more but He wants you to know that I am still his favourite.

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Oh, No! Not Again!


If you didn't know it already, it's the eve of this day in honour of a martyred saint who was very much in love with himself.

I think.

But please tell me that you're not about to let the merchants and restaurants milk your hard-earned money by succumbing to their ridiculously priced romantic treats.

I read somewhere that a very 5 starred hotel in a neighbouring country has come up with something ridiculously ingenious to cash on this stupid day by offering this package deal costing $40K which encompasses being picked up in a limo, put on a helicopter for a swoop over the city and served a 6-course gourmet dinner. No takers yet but well, who knows? Someone may be crazy or rich enough to surprise his stupid girlfriend.

I hate this stupid day. I hate it because it's yet another useless day that gives the greeting-card industry more work. I hate it because I shouldn't have to add a specific day (specific, besides Christmas, anniversaries, and birthdays, of course) to buy yet another gift to show my feelings.

And then there's the issue of the "message" sent by the gift. CDs are too impersonal, clothes aren't worth the effort, flowers, chocolate, and anything pink has been rendered a cliche. Don't even get me started on the legions of useless stuffed animals holding hearts that get thrown in a corner of a bookshelf and gather dust and bacteria for the next decade.

All I can say is, I still cringe at the sight of couples savouring their candle-light dinner in a packed restaurant, whispering sweet nothings to each other within earshot of the next couple bearly inches away. And what about those waiters scurrying about. Doesn't seem very romantic, does it?

I said it before and I say it again, lets heed Emperor Claudius II Gothicus command and sign the order for the axe to swing.

For the rest of you out there, go ahead, have agood one and you stink!!!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's your thought on the edison chen scandal saga? Does it remind you of the song by Rod Stewart, ... somethng that goes like this..Some man gets all the girls, some man gets nothing at all.
ironic.

-anon

Wednesday, 13 February, 2008  
Blogger Demented said...

anon : rod i know. edison? who the fuck is he?

Wednesday, 13 February, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awwww...why the anger? If you need a date I shall offer myself at your alter and have you devour me on this asupicious day tomorow. That is if you dont mind if my name is Henry. Awaiting your reply in anticipation of a full-filling night tomorow.

Hairy Henry

Wednesday, 13 February, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think we should adjourn to the place where they give us the Big Cats lah. Who knows? The bartender might be in his good mood and give us free Big Cats for happy hour, no?

Wednesday, 13 February, 2008  
Blogger Demented said...

Henry : thanks so very much for the offer but the last time i did a man, it was very messy. it was also painful and i dont think i can ever go through that pain again. but im sure you will have fun tomorow.

Wednesday, 13 February, 2008  
Blogger Demented said...

langkau : sounds good to me.

Wednesday, 13 February, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dear demented, i'd love to read about your thoughts on 'getting over a stinking ex, who's showing off the new beau all over the places'.

happy plastic day to you.

-anon

Thursday, 14 February, 2008  
Blogger Demented said...

dear anon,

happy whatever day it is to you too. if plastic rocks your boat, so be it.

on issues like that, my thoughts are irrelevant. it is the thoughts of The One Who Sends that matters. and last night, my spiritual facilitator in the form of a non viable persona (The One Who Sends) appeared in my dream very noisily as a screaming tortise dressed in electric pink velvet skirt.

it spoke in the extinct tounge of the lost yokubu tribe of madagascar and said..."bis bis konu konu bolbikok kitoh vik vik!" (translated word for word in english that reads - "consider the hermit crab")

and just like that it was gone.

there. thats your answer.

love,

aunty abby.

Friday, 15 February, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home