A Noble Conjecture

I constantly torment myself with my burgeoning intelect...sometimes I wet my pants.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Gomorah, Sodom

I recognise my indulgence in alcohol is a cause of concern. I am equally distraught at my incorrigible insistence to partake in the celebration of my continued sluggish state brought upon by self inflicted and militaristic penchant for mindless mutilation. And you may go ahead and assume that God loves you more but He wants you to know that I am still his favourite.

Thursday, February 28, 2008

Erection Week

Its that time and season again. The season where the masses are duped to worship unto the altar of Dolus. Promises after promises are made, manifestos read out loud, ground breaking ceremonies and laying of bricks here and there. We all know these promises remains just as promises most of the time. And not to mention the millions spent and literally showered upon the worshippers so that a certain candidate will get elected into office.

I really don't know whats the fuss about since I was told over and over again that the outcome of this coming election is rather obvious. I personally think that the powers that be should just sign a memorandum of understanding with the opposition parties to allow them to win uncontested in all the 'village' constituencies primarily because these parties only win in the villages while allowing the opposition to take on the urban areas. After all, how many urban constituencies are there comparatively, anyway? And just to be nice maybe they should also throw two or three senatorship to anyone of the deserving opposition members. That way, all will be well in Parliament. Lets face it, in our model of democracy the opposition will never form the government. Not in my lifetime at least. But I hope I'm wrong.

Every place I have my breakfast or beer the last few weeks, there is a chance that someone will ask me the standard line of questioning which is "So...you think the opposition's going to make any impact this time around?" and other shit like that. And then there is the bar debates over what they like to call as current issues and endless discussions on why a certain candidate will win and the reasoning behind the win that follows which just merely portrays them to be more politically knowledgeable than me and everyone else at the bar. Which in actual fact is true. My politics is good only when I'm taking a dump. So I tell them I don't know and frankly, I don't give a shit.

And in case if you're wondering, I have no interest in joining any of these political parties. I'm a sympathiser to the opposition political cause and belief, yes. I think its all noble and shit but I just have this thing against political parties and that they all have a tendency to be a bit like organised religions where dissent is not tolerated and dissenters condemned to hell.

But would it interest you to be a part of a system that during nomination day, there is this report that I read, where there are all sorts of attempts by candidates from all parties to disqualify their opponents, including objections to lack of fucking fullstops, commas and 'Bin' on nomination papers? Which I find quite stupid, really. But certainly not as stupid as the people who tried to field a bankrupt as a candidate who then got disqualified, thus giving the opposition its first win.

Me? Yes, I'm a registered voter but I won't be casting my vote this time around and fuck you if you think my vote counts because the person(s) contesting in my constituency does not deserve my one vote.

Why, you ask?

Well, just fucking because.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with you on the point that the opposition parties will not be able to form the government based on the constituent seats they are contesting. But wouldn't you agree that this nation needs to have at least some form of balance of representation and a team of watch dog seating among the lions of the BN government?

Rocket Man

Friday, 29 February, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fuck you too because I'm not voting.

Pasok Momogun Man

Friday, 29 February, 2008  
Blogger Demented said...

rocket man : i know if i say i agree with you, you'll be happy. so i agree.

Pasok Momogun Man : No. No. You must excercise your rights as a denizen of this beautiful country and vote. Let me be the guinea pig, the lamb to the slaughter, the fall guy. Let me not vote and see if anything change. ok?

Friday, 29 February, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What does 'vote' mean ah?

Monday, 03 March, 2008  
Blogger nazib said...

couldn't agree more with anon. but that's not gonna happen. not here. i didn't register either and i don't feel bad about it. i just thought that it is the right thing to do. in JB, give 1000 of us sleeping pills, we'll wake up to find that THE PARTY won. again. how much difference does it make?

Tuesday, 04 March, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home