A Noble Conjecture

I constantly torment myself with my burgeoning intelect...sometimes I wet my pants.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Gomorah, Sodom

I recognise my indulgence in alcohol is a cause of concern. I am equally distraught at my incorrigible insistence to partake in the celebration of my continued sluggish state brought upon by self inflicted and militaristic penchant for mindless mutilation. And you may go ahead and assume that God loves you more but He wants you to know that I am still his favourite.

Saturday, May 26, 2007

Eggs

I just woke up. Its 10:09am.

I'm frying two eggs for lunch. Sunny-side up, as some people may call it, or just bullseye, though it does not look anything similar. And I'm going to eat it with bread, but there's a topping I want to add to it.

But I'm also hesitant. The topping is cheese. 620gms of Colby cheese rest in the second lowest rack in the refrigerator. And I'm afraid to reach for the cheese...and use it. It is like a holy item, that can only be used in the most dire of times.

The packet tells me it's ideal for grilling, but there is no grilling in plain sight. It says it is smooth and creamy, but even as it rests in the palm of my hand, I can feel its tangible texture, cooling my fingers.

I want to use the cheese, but I'm afraid. It's like tapping into a source that I'm unsure of, even if I've seen the outcome a million times before. I tell it like it is, for though I love it, it still frightens me, and I lay awake at night thinking of my next move. Warriors will tell you the same thing, in the calm before the battle, or a husband before his night of consummation. They welcome the danger, the expected thrill, the outcome. It is fear, not of the unknown, because they know what lies ahead, but even then, the consequences are unpredictable.

Like the Liverpool - AC Milan match. Arrrgggghhh! The pain, the humiliation, the injustice, the agony of being the best but yet not really...nevermind.

I must cut the cheese, before it cuts my spirit.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Milan, Milan"

Milan Milan solo con te
Camminiamo noi accanto ai nostri eroi
sopra un campo verde... sotto un cielo blu
conquistate voi una stella in piu
insieme cantiamo

Milan Milan solo con te
con il Milan nel cuore
nel profondo dell'anima
insieme cantiamo

Milan Milan solo con te
con il sogno che la violenza no
non ti sporchi mai insieme cantiamo

Milan Milan solo con te
Milan Milan sempre per te
Milan Milan solo con te
Milan Milan sempre per te......

Sunday, 27 May, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do not give up hope yet my brother, there is always another match.

Remember this, all AC Milan players are puppo's. So lets raise our voices and
shout 'Vaffancullo!!!!!!!!!!!!, AC Milano'.

Monday, 28 May, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cheese? Soccer? I don't see how.

Monday, 28 May, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh when the Reds, go marching in,
Oh when the Reds, go marching in,
Oh how I want to be in that number,

When the Reds go marching in !

Monday, 28 May, 2007  
Blogger Demented said...

langkau fiction : every dog shall have its day.

liverpool : i prefer to say 'Bedchi Lala lah!!!!'

tia maria : its football, tia maria. not soccer. thats why you dont see it like i do.

the reds : Oh! My good Lord!!! dont you actually mean...When you walk through a storm,
Hold your head up high,
And don't be afraid of the dark.
At the end of a storm,
There's a golden sky,
And the sweet silver song of a lark.
Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain,
Though your dreams be tossed and blown...

Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart,
And you'll never walk alone...You'll never walk alone.

Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart,
And you'll never walk alone...You'll never walk alone.

Monday, 28 May, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahahaha....ok, ok, ok...i shall stop and not laugh at the jokes anymore. :-)

Monday, 28 May, 2007  
Blogger bastard united said...

Eggs?? Huh???

Monday, 28 May, 2007  
Blogger Demented said...

langkau fiction : thank you for being thoughtful

bastard united : yes, kanid. eggs. they're nice.

Tuesday, 29 May, 2007  
Blogger CreativeBitchin said...

i was always under the impression that sunny side ups = fried egg where the yolk was still liquid and bulls eye = fried egg with a solidified yolk?

anyway... strange mind you got there. how did a diatribe on eggs become an odd to cheese ending on a note on footie?

crazy dude with an interesting mind.

Friday, 01 June, 2007  
Blogger Demented said...

bitch : 'how did a diatribe on eggs become an odd to cheese ending on a note on footie?'

i seriously dont know how that happened. i remember having a craving for fired eggs and then there was the colby in the fridge and then i remembered feeling humiliated.

Tuesday, 05 June, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home