A Noble Conjecture

I constantly torment myself with my burgeoning intelect...sometimes I wet my pants.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Gomorah, Sodom

I recognise my indulgence in alcohol is a cause of concern. I am equally distraught at my incorrigible insistence to partake in the celebration of my continued sluggish state brought upon by self inflicted and militaristic penchant for mindless mutilation. And you may go ahead and assume that God loves you more but He wants you to know that I am still his favourite.

Saturday, March 17, 2007

Work Activities

I was at a clients office yesterday afternoon when I saw a group of hopeful looking young men and women sitting at the lounge area. "Interviews", said the receptionist. I remember handling a few potential job applicants last year and almost always just after the formalities, they look around the office and this question is asked "Are the people here nice to work with?"

I tell them, the people I work with are absolutely nuts.

I've worked in enough offices to know that every office place in my state believes that it has the most interesting /colorful /wacky mix of people you've ever met. I remember within the first week of a job, someone inevitably says to me - "As you can see - we have a really interesting group of folks" or "This might be the craziest group of people you've ever worked with" - or some other words to that affect.

I will often retort - "Please, you should meet my kin." (Picture it as I throw my head back and chuckle softly, most likely with coffee cup in hand, to really get a grasp on the sincerity of the sentiment.)

Whoever I'm talking to usually gives a laugh back, because ooooh, lordy... don't we all know the wackiness of family? Of course, I actually mean - "Please - you really should meet my family" sans laugh.

Because your silly office antics aren't going to faze me.

Don't even fucking try.

On other front, I was at a watering hole last night as usual. I swear, I might be the only person on earth who can do the following:-

1) Determine an activity is really lame and a waste of time
2) Proceed to do said activity for six straight hours

This is what happened. I was tired and after hanging my tools down at the salt mine, I decided an activity would do me good. Of the fermented malted barley, yeast and hop kind. But for a moment I thought against this option because beer had been an active part of my life for the past few nights. That I had nine beers too many and that I needed to rest and detox.

Needless to say, I left the watering hole at 1:05am...this morning.

Oh, you have a good trip home, babe. That was nice. And thanks.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmmmm, very nice.

Monday, 19 March, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for taking a good shot of my sleeve, brother. That was very thoughtful. You are definitely some kind of work!

Tuesday, 20 March, 2007  
Blogger Demented said...

tanto : it is nice, kemo sabe.

the lone ranger

eddie : that was you???

Wednesday, 21 March, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home