A Noble Conjecture

I constantly torment myself with my burgeoning intelect...sometimes I wet my pants.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Gomorah, Sodom

I recognise my indulgence in alcohol is a cause of concern. I am equally distraught at my incorrigible insistence to partake in the celebration of my continued sluggish state brought upon by self inflicted and militaristic penchant for mindless mutilation. And you may go ahead and assume that God loves you more but He wants you to know that I am still his favourite.

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Emotional Concept

There's this article I read recently in the paper, I can't remember which one. Something to do with rude drivers having 'low emotional maturity'. That was an interesting article.

Emotional maturity. Riiiiggghhhhtttt...now that's an interesting concept.

Last night, I had a very bad argument with somebody. But the argument is not the point. The point is I noticed something about myself. Something troubling.

Last night's argument should not have happened.

And this morning, I got really upset at an innocuous support call. I know people don't call to annoy me, they call because they need help. And yet, even knowing that, I very nearly lost it.

In the last 24 hours, I have been losing my temper MUCH too fast. I'm beginning to turn into something I detest.

Dammit. I have no idea why.

In my entire life, I have never ever thought that I could have trouble with temper because that's just not me. I don't get pissed off. Period. Or at least it's always in control. Anger was never a problem. And don't start me with that stupid movie because I haven't seen that one yet either and I heard it sucked big time.

This is just great, while I grapple with one demon, along comes reinforcements. This is a good joke, eh?

Anyway, I need to do something about this before I inadvertently destroy myself, my friends and whatever I hold dear. Like my Tiger. I can't afford to lose any of these. I need to calm down. I'm concerned about this. I'm a lot of things, but one of those things that I don't want to become is a person who flies off the handle on the slightest provocation, for no good reason at all. I don't like that, in the people I'm with and most of all in myself.

I hate anger. Anger destroys. I don't want it any more than random episodes of being uncertain of shit. I don't like it when people get angry (especially the ones that are sudden and without reasons) and here I am, in danger of becoming exactly that. What the hell???

I'm going to have to force myself to be calm, to be rational, no matter what kind of provocation I encounter. This is what I need to do today.

No matter what things I hear or what people say or whatever they accuse me of, I'm going to try my hardest to deal with that without losing my temper.

...relax, nothing is under control...nothing is under control...I am light...I am a star...I am a peaceful being...relax, nothing is under control...

7 Comments:

Blogger sour milk said...

mid-life crisis, dude.

Wednesday, 31 January, 2007  
Blogger Nosce Te said...

nothing is under control..indeed lah. ilek baa bradder..sunday we will deal with that demon..

Wednesday, 31 January, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Feeling angry is a very understandable and natural emotion, but one characteristic of a truly exellent, intelligent person is, how anger is expressed.

Thursday, 01 February, 2007  
Blogger Demented said...

sour milk : you mean there is this thing they call a 'mid life' with a crisis???

langkau fiction : i shall now practise glossolalia and in the effort hope that by sunday these demons will be cast out. it will be something like this...ngirup tupu! ngirup tupu! nuil tupu! nuil tupu! nigup tupu! nigup tupu! lemek! Lemek! lemek!...

one has to be filled with the spirit to understand and interpret these unintelligable utterances.

Thursday, 01 February, 2007  
Blogger Demented said...

rea : this is how i express my anger - go to a bar, consume 16 big cats, go home. i feel excellent in between no 4 and 7 big cats and by the time i am done with no 16, i feel very intelligent most of the time.

Thursday, 01 February, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i wanna wanna wanna wanna see you angry.

jen

Saturday, 03 February, 2007  
Blogger Demented said...

jen : don't make me angry...you dont want to see me angry...you dont like me when im angry

Monday, 05 February, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home