A Noble Conjecture

I constantly torment myself with my burgeoning intelect...sometimes I wet my pants.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Gomorah, Sodom

I recognise my indulgence in alcohol is a cause of concern. I am equally distraught at my incorrigible insistence to partake in the celebration of my continued sluggish state brought upon by self inflicted and militaristic penchant for mindless mutilation. And you may go ahead and assume that God loves you more but He wants you to know that I am still his favourite.

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Times A'Changing


Ok. All the other elves are in the office. Late lunch again.

Amazing!!! In three weeks and the year is out. I find that amazing. A hell of a lot in fact. Remarkable considering how short a year actually is. You'd think when you get older, the odds of changing are less. It is sort of, but not quite. A lot can change in one year. I for one think I've gone through an overhaul. I sit here in December and can safely say am a very different person from January. A false alarm? Could be. But that's not important right now.

It's blazing hot today. But that's just temporary since we're smack dab in the middle of the monsoon season. Pretty soon the rains will get more frequent and I can expect Bladerunner style endless rain in about mid-January. Most of the time I do enjoy long periods of rain. Of course, the flooding that usually comes with it isn't something to be excited about though.

The hormones are at bay and there are no bad vibes at all. And still Christmas draws nearer. I expect to hear Christmas songs in malls any minute now, if they haven't started already. I haven't been to a mall in a long time. Which is strange for someone who used to practically live in malls before now. I'm getting extremely domesticated. You know you're old when getting out of the house is suddenly such a chore.

Today was a very busy day, yet again. It seems our workload is directly proportionate to the number of people we have. The new guys were supposed to help lightened the load. Instead, the workload is keeping pace.

I've had some more thoughts over the last few days, many of which formed during late night conversations. Too bad I can't seem to recall them all. But I do vaguely recall one. It's a sad thing that everything in life has to have an ending. Especially good things, like friendship and good company. Wouldn't it be nice to be contented for the rest of life? It's easy to forget even that will end and will change. Better? Worse? Who knows?

I guess there are no happily ever afters in real life.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you work in a salt mine?

mary mag

Thursday, 07 December, 2006  
Blogger Demented said...

mary mag : yup. with elves.

Friday, 08 December, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home