A Noble Conjecture

I constantly torment myself with my burgeoning intelect...sometimes I wet my pants.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Gomorah, Sodom

I recognise my indulgence in alcohol is a cause of concern. I am equally distraught at my incorrigible insistence to partake in the celebration of my continued sluggish state brought upon by self inflicted and militaristic penchant for mindless mutilation. And you may go ahead and assume that God loves you more but He wants you to know that I am still his favourite.

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Feeling Yoda

I was with the boy's again last night. We ended up drinking too much and talking about religion, sex, philosophy, cars and our experiences with errr...'substances'. Yes, I am unclean. I've had my share of experimentation. I'm not an addict by any means but I do know why people take drugs and what it does to you. I don't encourage it but I don't regret having those experiences. There are advantages actually. My kid's and if one day he/she got high on weed, there is no way in hell he/she can hide it from me.

I feel a great disturbance in the Force now.

I feel strangely anxious, like I forgot something or did something wrong without realizing it. I wrack my brain and could think of nothing real as such, however. Perhaps I need to hit the pub again tonight and with help, remove this...discomfort, this restlessness.

And talking about feelings, there be times when I observe the actions of others, remember how close their actions are to mine when I was younger and more naive, and cringe.

Yoda was wrong. Trust your feelings, you can't.

I have seen how feeling turn otherwise sane, pleasant people into shadows of themselves. Your feelings sometimes get in the way of doing the right thing. How it turns people into stalker weirdos who become obsessive and freak the hell out of their objects of desire.

Feel for someone, and watch how it turns you into a selfish monster, where every action and every word you say is tainted by that desire to satisfy your 'feeling'. That taint takes the sincerity out of your words and actions, and that taint changes you. It does.

That taint, it makes people pushy and possessive. That taint makes it nearly impossible to be spontaneous. It makes it impossible to be yourself.

Feeling can lead you to the dark side. Damn it, Yoda!!! Need a drink, I do!!!

3 Comments:

Blogger CreativeBitchin said...

i love you too, david.

and though i'm inclined to agree with you on how feelings can impair your judgement and alter your character, i'm compelled to point out that sans the intensity of emotions, life would be very dull indeed.

so just grin and bear it i suppose. heh. =)

Wednesday, 29 November, 2006  
Blogger Demented said...

chienne : yeah...i guess life would be dull. yoda, grinning now i am.

Wednesday, 29 November, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

feelings, nothing more then feelings.....da, da, du, du.

Wednesday, 29 November, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home