A Noble Conjecture

I constantly torment myself with my burgeoning intelect...sometimes I wet my pants.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Gomorah, Sodom

I recognise my indulgence in alcohol is a cause of concern. I am equally distraught at my incorrigible insistence to partake in the celebration of my continued sluggish state brought upon by self inflicted and militaristic penchant for mindless mutilation. And you may go ahead and assume that God loves you more but He wants you to know that I am still his favourite.

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Razors And Numbness


I draw it around me like a coat,
...and watch you through its folds...
It silences every word and gestures...
Every move I make...If you were to strike me,
I would only feel shadow blows,
If you were to touch me,
I would only feel shadow comfort,
My distance is my security,
But its refuge is cold and numb...

Have you ever coiled yourself...
around a razor blade because the cold bite....
and sharpened tang were all you could feel...
...and it was better than feeling nothing???

2 Comments:

Blogger nazib said...

that image on the rancid's album cover came to my mind while reading this. a man sitting on the curb with hands covering his head. had a friend who frequently scratches her arm with a needle everytime she enters heavy depression which is like all the time to me. used to do it as well and i know it felt much better than any other feelings then. your poem flies me back to the dark days of my life. thanks man. for reminding me and to let me feel good that i no longer have to live that way anymore. you're the man!

Monday, 04 December, 2006  
Blogger Demented said...

jib : that one was inspired by a mutual lady friend. bits and pieces i got from talking with her. glad to know youre out of it. cheers!!!

Monday, 04 December, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home