A Noble Conjecture

I constantly torment myself with my burgeoning intelect...sometimes I wet my pants.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Gomorah, Sodom

I recognise my indulgence in alcohol is a cause of concern. I am equally distraught at my incorrigible insistence to partake in the celebration of my continued sluggish state brought upon by self inflicted and militaristic penchant for mindless mutilation. And you may go ahead and assume that God loves you more but He wants you to know that I am still his favourite.

Monday, December 04, 2006

Juice

Today has turned out to be quite hectic, mea culpa etc etc. I left a few matters unattended for a whole week and faced the consequences of attending to them at double speed. That took a major part of the morning but that's all taken care of now. Some people are on leave. So I cross my fingers and hope nothing major happens that require these people.

I was at the village over the weekend to attend a ceremony where two cousin's decided to put their John Hancock on a piece of paper thus ensuring a lifelong commitment into matrimonial enslavement. That one went fine and I wish them all the best.

Apart from that, I'm going to take it easy today. Just routine stuff, nothing too experimental. The same goes for everything else. I'm thinking about simplifying my life in general. I do notice that I tend to over think nearly everything. It's quite exhausting. So I'm going to take things at face value a lot more now. After all, not everything has hidden meaning and not everyone has an ulterior motive behind every question and every request. The whens, the whys and the whereto fores don't matter all the time.

So, I'm going to pay less attention to the perceived threats in life and deal with actual things for a change. Also, leave the future in the future, the past in the past and now in the now. Whatever that means.

At least that's the plan anyway. Am I going to do it or is all this just rhetoric? Don't know yet. Whatever happens, I hope to be a little happier at the end of the day. Maybe have a few rounds at the watering hole.

One last thing, just as a reminder. I should stop wanting things that are obviously bad for me. I should be brave enough to walk away from such things, no matter how enticing, regardless of the paranoia that I could be throwing something away. Certain things aren't worth the pain they can bring.

The juice may be good, but sometimes is not worth the squeeze.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope that something bad you're addressing has nothing to do with the herbs, tobacco, women and your Tiger dude.

Saturday, 03 February, 2007  
Blogger Demented said...

drink buddy : there is nothing bad about herbs, tobacco which is from the same family as herbs, women and Tiger, bro. these are all good and ergo, i am to.

Thursday, 15 February, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home