A Noble Conjecture

I constantly torment myself with my burgeoning intelect...sometimes I wet my pants.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Gomorah, Sodom

I recognise my indulgence in alcohol is a cause of concern. I am equally distraught at my incorrigible insistence to partake in the celebration of my continued sluggish state brought upon by self inflicted and militaristic penchant for mindless mutilation. And you may go ahead and assume that God loves you more but He wants you to know that I am still his favourite.

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Havana

It has been two whole months or more now since I've embarked on my quest for a replacement of a new 'my place'. I have gone to a few and was constantly disappointed. If its not the ambiance, its the obvious lacking of bar etiquette. I mean, if one is served a stale Tiger, one would expect a replacement. I didn't at one of the places I visited.

Just the other day, I was at this swanky new place in town when that happened and what reply did I get after consulting the 'very experienced' barman on my stale Tiger? A very lame - 'But it taste just fine, sir'. But what Mr Very Experienced Barman doesn't know is that I have sunk enough Tiger's in my time to know when I'm served the bottom of the barrel. I didn't argue with the man but instead ordered another one. Suffice to say I will never step into this place ever again.

For lack of a better choice I decided to set camp at this relatively new establishment in the city. It's called Havana Cafe. This photo shows the rear entry of the place. Why from the rear, you ask? Well, obviously for the very reason that I like entering from the rear. Any rear for that matter. But really, I have not walked into the place from its front entrance to date. I've been to the place a few times now but have only recently begun to find it agreeing with my soul.

I like the place. If you have discerning eyes, you won't miss noticing some items of interest with the infamous Havana Club logo and emblem. They even have a few bottles of Havana Club Rum which is supposedly Cuba's finest. But don't let all this fool you. Havana Cafe isn't Havana Club. But it could very well pass for the real thing.

The bar is well stocked with various labels of liquor and the ambiance, just nice. It even serves Tiger draft which I have not had the privilege to try just yet. I tried the Guinness draught for a change the other night though and it was surprisingly very smooth. I say this because I'm not a Guinness person and it has been a long time since I've had one. I had three pints of Guinness that night which gave me a good and almost gratifying buzz later.

Then there's Ben, Ying and Gary. These are the good people of Havana who keeps the bar alive. Ben, who claims to be an amateur barista, is the talkative one. I overheard the other day that he can actually work a good mix. I have yet to sample his speciality. Oh, by the way they do serve coffee, espresso and as Ben puts it, other exotic coffee mixture at Havana. I like Ying solely because she listens to Clint Black. That is all. Gary on the other hand is rather quiet but he's alright.

Havana is quiet. Very quiet actually but that's just why I like it. But there are nights when it gets a crowd.

I might just stay.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, boys and girls. Havana it is!

Thursday, 02 November, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am not familiar with Kuching so will someone please tell me where this place is? I thought Havana is in Merdeka Palace Hotel?

Thursday, 23 November, 2006  
Blogger Demented said...

ya bah : havana cafe is at wayang street and in the same row as the junk. the one at merdeka palace is called la havana or something like that. a serious cigar smoking joint.

Saturday, 25 November, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home