A Noble Conjecture

I constantly torment myself with my burgeoning intelect...sometimes I wet my pants.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Gomorah, Sodom

I recognise my indulgence in alcohol is a cause of concern. I am equally distraught at my incorrigible insistence to partake in the celebration of my continued sluggish state brought upon by self inflicted and militaristic penchant for mindless mutilation. And you may go ahead and assume that God loves you more but He wants you to know that I am still his favourite.

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Fuzzy Good Vibes

There's this feeling that I get at the end of year, every year. It's a mix of warm fuzziness, a little bit of the awww factor and a slight pinch of melancholy and nostalgia and a largish dose of dopey happiness all rolled into one.

I hope to feel good vibes for the entire month.

A bunch of carollers came to the neighbour's house last night. From a certain charismatic church, which is the church my neighbour's go to obviously. They sang songs and made lots of noise. I fell asleep on the sofa earlier and woke up to 'Hark! The herald angel sing'. This kind of noise, I don't mind at all. After all they were singing some of my favourite Christmas carols. I walked out of the house to have a booster when someone familiar saw me and invited me over.

I had a good conversation with them, much of it revolving around the Christian stuff and Christmas. Those people are the loveliest people you could ever meet. See, not all religious people are stupid. Or ignorant. Or intolerant. Or judgemental. I like these people. You could see how feverently commited they were with church work but they never imposed any of their practices or dogma on me and that's great because that's how it should be. They got it right. The way to tell the message of God is to show it, not by shoving it down people's throats.

It's so unfortunate that people take cues from moronic zealots instead of peace loving people like these for insight on how practising a religion is supposed to be. Why is that? I guess maybe bad shit stands out more. I could go on and on about said zealots but nah. I won't. There will always be morons amongst us. Heck, I can be a moron myself sometimes.

The only thing I can say about this now is that the louder someone proclaims that he/she is a messenger of God, the less likely he/she actually is.

I slept with good vibes.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bro, are we still going to the papaya farm? What's the latest stats?

Carollers? I hate them!

Thursday, 07 December, 2006  
Blogger Demented said...

mart j : operation papaya farm is on. i say again. Operation papaya farm is on.

Friday, 08 December, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home