A Noble Conjecture

I constantly torment myself with my burgeoning intelect...sometimes I wet my pants.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Gomorah, Sodom

I recognise my indulgence in alcohol is a cause of concern. I am equally distraught at my incorrigible insistence to partake in the celebration of my continued sluggish state brought upon by self inflicted and militaristic penchant for mindless mutilation. And you may go ahead and assume that God loves you more but He wants you to know that I am still his favourite.

Friday, January 11, 2008

Morning Walk


I went for a walk yesterday morning. The skies was clear with some low haze or clouds but it looked like it was going to be a promising holi-day.

Up Mount Singgai, a Catholic pilgrimage centre. I haven't been feeling good inside the past few days and I thought going up that 'prayer mountain' would set me straight.

When I arrived at the place, I met two lovely old couples doing their Catholic rites along the way. They smiled and asked if I wanted to join them in their prayers. I declined politely and asked them if they could pray for me instead. As you walk the path, there are few prayer stops where you can do, well, your prayers. If you want to.

It was a beautiful morning and due to my already abused and battered body from all the excessive drinking and smoking and late nights, it took me more than an hour to reach the top. But it was good.

Walking can be therapeutic. It gives me a lot of time to think and to think while moving, which is different from thinking while you're lying in your bed, is I think, better. In bed my thoughts seems to go round and round and round. Plus walking can actually take you places. I find it amazing how we're equipped to go anywhere if we persist and have some time.

Makes me think about people who can't walk or have limited locomotion and the consequences it must have on their life perspective, not to mention their quality of life. Must be similar to a prison sentence. I don't know. Maybe.

I think the way we walk is very characteristic of us.

Do you walk slowly or do you take everything with you as you go by?

2 Comments:

Blogger alexandra said...

Walking is definitely a great thing. It sucks when you can't, it's more exhausting to sit all the time then to walk...

Sunday, 13 January, 2008  
Blogger Demented said...

alex : yeah...i like walking. i cant run like i used to and im just not fit like before. so i walk. walking is good.

Monday, 14 January, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home