A Noble Conjecture

I constantly torment myself with my burgeoning intelect...sometimes I wet my pants.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Gomorah, Sodom

I recognise my indulgence in alcohol is a cause of concern. I am equally distraught at my incorrigible insistence to partake in the celebration of my continued sluggish state brought upon by self inflicted and militaristic penchant for mindless mutilation. And you may go ahead and assume that God loves you more but He wants you to know that I am still his favourite.

Monday, October 30, 2006

Patch DeMented

I received this poem in my mail today from a dear friend of mine and she wanted me to post it here. This one by far is one of the most beautiful poems ever to be penned. I think. Its a classic.

It is more beautiful when an equally beautiful woman recites it while sipping a good bottle of wine with you. I may have had too much last weekend. I'm sorry if I was, as you put it...too unbecoming that night. But thats me, a good bottle of wine and poetry. My lethal combination.

I do not love you as if you were salt-rose, or topaz,
or the arrow of carnations the fire shoots off.
I love you as certain dark things are to be loved,
in secret, between the shadow and the soul.

I love you as the plant that never blooms
but carries in itself the light of hidden flowers;
thanks to your love a certain solid fragrance,
risen from the earth, lives darkly in my body.

I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where.
I love you straightforwardly, without complexities or pride;
so I love you because I know no other way than this :
where I do not exist, nor you,
so close that your hand on my chest is my hand,
so close that your eyes close as I fall asleep.

Nothing like a good poem to get one in the mood. No???

2 Comments:

Blogger sour milk said...

it's sensually womanly. I'm in love with her.

Tuesday, 31 October, 2006  
Blogger Demented said...

sour milk : now you just stay away from these women, you hear? i'm traumatised!!!

Tuesday, 31 October, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home