A Noble Conjecture

I constantly torment myself with my burgeoning intelect...sometimes I wet my pants.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Gomorah, Sodom

I recognise my indulgence in alcohol is a cause of concern. I am equally distraught at my incorrigible insistence to partake in the celebration of my continued sluggish state brought upon by self inflicted and militaristic penchant for mindless mutilation. And you may go ahead and assume that God loves you more but He wants you to know that I am still his favourite.

Monday, August 31, 2009

Ogostus

Its Merdeka day and all that jive today. Malaya's independence day from their colonial masters. Its quiet here on the home front. There were talks a couple of weeks ago about encouraging people like me to fly the nations flag and some campaign to drive the message and meaning of Merdeka to her subjects but by the way things look around town, its like no body gives a shit. There's a lot of discounts at the supermarkets though. Which is good.

Was over at the pub last night and a few local talent jammed. It was noisy. Seconds before midnight and at the end of the gig, the host did a rendition of the great Sudir's Merdeka song - very off key and very, very drunk. A friend later said it certainly doesn't feel like a celebration this time. I didn't know there was suppose to be a celebration.

There were talks about fireworks and all that shit but I don't know whats that about either. And I don't want to start to understand and appreciate whats the fuss about because I'm looking at things around me and it looks like its all fucked up.

Just read the fucking papers, man.

And I certainly don't need your interpretations and shallow appreciation of events that led to this day either. And don't fucking go with that empty rhetoric and slogans with me. Don't like? Go fuck.

Last I read somewhere, there are still fucking crazy racist among us and some love to march with a severed cow head. And what about those crazy self-centered politicians who squander of with them millions and get away with it and the many other scandals this nation witnessed in the last few months.

Ahhh...fuck it.

Its a good day by any standard. Its like any other day except that its the thirty first of the month of August and its a fucking holiday.

So happy Monday.

4 Comments:

Anonymous langkau said...

today, i cirit birit pok.

Monday, 31 August, 2009  
Blogger Demented said...

langkau : must be the tuak.

Monday, 31 August, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

though i hate to admit this, but the only good days where Merdeka means its most to us, when the PM is still alive, was Dr. Mahathir.
The rest after him looked and talked like shit. and make us all, Malaysian, act like shit. feels like shit.

-anon

Tuesday, 01 September, 2009  
Blogger Demented said...

anon : im not so sure if it had meant anything to me even with dr m but i sure like the holiday.

Tuesday, 01 September, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home