A Noble Conjecture

I constantly torment myself with my burgeoning intelect...sometimes I wet my pants.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Gomorah, Sodom

I recognise my indulgence in alcohol is a cause of concern. I am equally distraught at my incorrigible insistence to partake in the celebration of my continued sluggish state brought upon by self inflicted and militaristic penchant for mindless mutilation. And you may go ahead and assume that God loves you more but He wants you to know that I am still his favourite.

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

That Stupid Thing


I can't for the life of me, understand the hype about that stupid thing happening at Damai. That's what kanid Kelvin said last week when he asked me if I was going. He was right. It was just stupid.

It was good the first time. And so was the second and the third. Its like sex. The first few time is always the best. You know how it is. Familiarity breeds contempt. Think 'The Terminator' and the stupid sequels that followed. Sure, I had fun last year but that's because half of the time, I was zoned out. In the head. Didn't do any of the workshops and was just too drunk to enjoy the concert.

And so, Jass arrived a day earlier from Jauhar and made the obligatory stop at Ruai where we met kanid Kelvin and drank in harmony. Kanid Kelvin decided to make a strong statement this year by not going to the stupid thing and so the next afternoon, Jass and I drove to Damai but not before we had a few cans of the big cat. At the Ruai and along the journey.

We arrived at our destination and stopped at a kanid's crib and was immediately introduced to all manners of alcohol and herbal debauchery. And I wondered, this is beginning to look and feel familiar.

I met a few people from last year and there were the hugs and 'Hey, its nice to see you again!'. Lots of people, lots of bikinis and thongs and I'm wondering...this definitely looks all too familiar.

The music started and having actually assembled the best of the best from the last ten years since this stupid thing started, I must humbly state here that it was disappointingly disappointing.

I looked at Jass at the end of the show and told him we had better things to do with our lives. And we did.

We went home.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've only been there thrice..so I guess thats why im still kinda addicted to it hehe.
im definitely gonna go next yearr!!

Tuesday, 17 July, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i didn't celebrate my 10th birthday so why should i celebrate this thing's 10th birthday lah?

Wednesday, 18 July, 2007  
Blogger bastard united said...

hehehe...ritey oh there langkau...
I cant even remember my 10th besday....

anyways, the rwmf was dissapointing at so many levels..

Wednesday, 18 July, 2007  
Blogger Demented said...

irry : the stupid thing beter be un stupid next year.

langkau fiction : no reason what so ever why one should.

bastard united : very true, kanid. be sending you the photos soon.

Wednesday, 18 July, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You missed the action la bro. To hell with the concert and shit. The beach party was da bombbbbbbb!

Saturday, 21 July, 2007  
Blogger Arth Akal said...

I didn't like so much either. I think it had something to do with its commercialization or somewhere along that line. I was quite disappointed with the music especially.

If you guys been to the past events, you'll know what I mean...

Friday, 27 July, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home