A Noble Conjecture

I constantly torment myself with my burgeoning intelect...sometimes I wet my pants.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Gomorah, Sodom

I recognise my indulgence in alcohol is a cause of concern. I am equally distraught at my incorrigible insistence to partake in the celebration of my continued sluggish state brought upon by self inflicted and militaristic penchant for mindless mutilation. And you may go ahead and assume that God loves you more but He wants you to know that I am still his favourite.

Thursday, June 28, 2007

Late. Again.

Damn, it!!! I was late again today. For the second time this week.

I ask myself, why do I always get stuck behind some bloody moron who drives 10km/hr below the speed limit or takes about 10 seconds to react to a green light when I'm driving to work and back???

Worse thing is they all seem to take the term "stop sign" a little too literally.

Aren't you suppose to stop, but after you stop, you're suppose to go again??? Maybe the good people at the city council need to redesign the stop sign so that it should read "STOP - Then Go Again. Fast." My point here is not to complain about my commute. Lord knows, if you want to read about my drive to and from work, I've written plenty of mundane stuff about that here to fill you in on that. My reason for writing is that I have noticed something strange, almost eerie, about the people who get in my way and that they all drive Toyota Camrys.

I swear, this has never happened to me before. For a few times this month, and the months before this and without fail, every person who gets in my way, preventing me from getting to a parking spot with enough time to navigate through the parking spaces, prefers the Toyota Camry as their vehicle of choice. Even the lady that ran the red light and tried to hit me on Tuesday was driving a Toyota Camry. I do not intend to offend all Toyota Camry drivers out there. Why, my Becca is a Toyota herself and I love her much but I do realise that the odds are approximately one in eight that if you are reading this, you yourself drive a Toyota Camry.

Don't get me wrong, I have been informed that there are some good people who drive Toyota Camrys, including Eddie Van Halen and Nelson Mandela. And there is also Mr Ha, my neighbour and he's a good person. But seriously, I believe the cause of my problems goes much deeper than the simple fact that Toyota Camry people cannot drive. The obvious answer is that there is some sinister group of evil people whose sole mission in life is to make me spend more time in my car. For whatever reason, they want me to be late for work in the morning and late for my appointment at the fortress of servitude in the evenings.

I have yet to determined with any certainty which group is behind this. Or what purpose they have in delaying my traveling activities. Maybe God is showing me a sign. But whatever it is and whoever is behind this, the next damn Camry that gets in my way will definitely get the finger from me.

I swear.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey friend, if you are late to work its your problem. Dont blame it on traffic. Try waking up 10 mins ahead. It makes a lot of difference. Seriously, your Company is too kind to pay you a salary. You make up for all those people who just love to make excuses when late to work.

Thursday, 28 June, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha i totally lob this entry.
mabe i shud drive my dad's white Camry to see u so u'll have enuf Camr(ies) haunting you.
the person above is farny too hehe.

Thursday, 28 June, 2007  
Blogger Demented said...

anon : maybe i should just try waking up early. thats a good option.

irry : call me. really. i mean it. call me.

Thursday, 28 June, 2007  
Blogger Arth Akal said...

Wei, kanid. ..checked your gmail, haven't you?

Thursday, 28 June, 2007  
Blogger bastard united said...

kanid, I hate toyota Rav4 drivers...they suck at driving, most of 'em, i think...hehehehe...

Friday, 29 June, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think you should to wake up early from now on lah...everytime i talk to you at 7.30am you sound very groggy..what laaa...blame Camry pulak...sounds Jewish..

and your 'fortress of servitude' is just a 5-minute walk from your opis...walk la next time...

Friday, 29 June, 2007  
Blogger Demented said...

arth : done

bastard united : you want some of me??? huh? huh? huh? come.

langkau fiction : kanid, its scary man.

Friday, 29 June, 2007  
Blogger Demented said...

arth : done

bastard united : you want some of me??? huh? huh? huh? come.

langkau fiction : kanid, its scary man.

Friday, 29 June, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home