A Noble Conjecture

I constantly torment myself with my burgeoning intelect...sometimes I wet my pants.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Gomorah, Sodom

I recognise my indulgence in alcohol is a cause of concern. I am equally distraught at my incorrigible insistence to partake in the celebration of my continued sluggish state brought upon by self inflicted and militaristic penchant for mindless mutilation. And you may go ahead and assume that God loves you more but He wants you to know that I am still his favourite.

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Cats Cradle

Cat's Cradle was a little too American for me, but overall, smart, sharp and devastatingly honest. A lot of insight into (dis)organized religion - I’m always a fan. I’m intrigued by this man Vonnegut, and now I understand the mourning that swept over his fans when he passed away. I’ll be reading more.

Last night was dinner at one of the aunt's. This is the aunt whose cheesecakes have made cows cry with compassion, whose fruit tarts resemble Eden before the fall, whose sponge cakes get high on hydrogen.

Suffice to say, dinner was good, and the company better yet. My four-year-old cousin, Yohannes, instantly took a liking to me. There was horseplay, some cuddling, twirling of hair, smiles and chuckles, and the evening ended with him curled up on my lap, fast asleep.

It was all good.


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You just read Vonnegut? Aiyah, kanid, next time get some of those big cats under the coconut tree in the cans and come over to my place, and read books lah...you should read his Rumah Alai Nyayat Lima...

Wednesday, 18 July, 2007  
Blogger Demented said...

langkau fiction : slaughterhouse 5? got somebody to get that one for me in kl.

Wednesday, 18 July, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home