A Noble Conjecture

I constantly torment myself with my burgeoning intelect...sometimes I wet my pants.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Gomorah, Sodom

I recognise my indulgence in alcohol is a cause of concern. I am equally distraught at my incorrigible insistence to partake in the celebration of my continued sluggish state brought upon by self inflicted and militaristic penchant for mindless mutilation. And you may go ahead and assume that God loves you more but He wants you to know that I am still his favourite.

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Baked and Feeling Gay

The past week has been busy. I went to two wedding dinners which reminds me that there is another one to go to this Wednesday. At this rate, I'll be flat broke before the end of the month. What with the monetory obligations that comes with the invitations and all that. Thats like a hundred bucks per sitting. But thats okay, wedding dinners are...nice. Also quite pleasing was something I did on the weekend besides the banana cake I baked last Sunday which turned out to be my best yet. I know, I know. This is sissy and gay and shit but there is this feminine side of me that seems to manifest itself once in a while. So, if you're into baking, here's the ingredients (secretly guarded until now) :-

1. 150gm brown sugar
2. 5 eggs
3. Butter
4. 230gm plain flour
5. 1 table spoon cinnamon powder
6. A bit of salt
7. 1 tble/spoon baking soda
8. 1 cup plain yogurt
9. Walnuts / mixed nuts / oats
10. 5 bananas - mashed
11. 1 capfull of Vanilla essence
12. 2 packs Label 5 - must

Mix 1, 2 and 3 in an electric mixer. Be sure to add in the eggs one at a time for consistency. In a bowl, mix 4, 5, 6, and 7. Fold in to mixer. Add 8, 9 and 10. Wait. Add 11 and 12. Bake at 180 degrees centigrade for 45mins. Enjoy.

I went to hang with some friends at their house and ended up jamming the whole night. Right now, the fingers on my left hand are killing me. I've haven't played guitar that long for a long, long time.

As per usual with our impromptu acoustic jams, a lot of the songs come from school days. Stuff like Deep Purple, Eagles, Smokie, Scorpion and a whole lot of other rock bands from that time. Lots of mid nineties music too, like Gin Blossoms. And of course, some old school Malay rock ballads. They don't write stuff like that anymore.

I would like to do this a lot more often, if I can. Music is such a relief.

Another interesting thing happened that night. I received a call from someone whom I used to fancy quite a bit in my hey days. Apparently she's bored and unemployed and wants to hang out.

I've decided not to. I didn't tell her that though. It would be awkward and quite possibly end up dredging up very, very, very painful memories. Of the sexual kind. I guess it's my turn to do something other women have done with me. I'm going to play the drifting away game. I feel bad about it, really. In the past, I used to believe that I was "better" than that and above rejecting others. I guess I'm not that high up.

Idealism is so annoying in it's naivete isn't it?

13 Comments:

Blogger sour milk said...

as cold as the cemented floor after a night of rain. i'm addin romanticism into your defense mechanism. Personally, i like rain.

Wednesday, 14 March, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sayang, I could be wrong but don't you think a table spoon of NaCHO3 is a wee bit too much? Nevermind the cinnamon but seriously I think it should be a teaspoon full. And since when did you use the correct measurement in your baking?

janice

Wednesday, 14 March, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mixed nuts? No way!

Wednesday, 14 March, 2007  
Blogger sour milk said...

Since I"m loving you and I decided to jump in and save you from your own demise.

I found you a solution.

http://www.anastasia-international.com/profile-pretty-Russian-lady-Olga-1088813.htm

Wednesday, 14 March, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sometimes, i find you a relatively 'normal' guy. most of the time, you're just one fucking weird individual. hey, if that makes you happy, y'know.

did you manage to do the 'seruling' while jamming? it is essntial especially when 80s rock is concerned...'SCUSE ME WHILE I KISS THE SKY lah kanid...

Wednesday, 14 March, 2007  
Blogger Demented said...

sourmilk : duuuuhhhh...rain? try banana cake, its better then cold concrete flooring.

janice : i know. i know. i know. i assume 150gm would be equivalent to 1 cup.

teaspoon then. if that rocks your boat.

the butler : not peanuts. try other nuts.

sourmilk : thanks babe. i'm now hooked with olga. she's an amputee and has hairy armpits.

lankau fiction : kanid, Polonius probably thought he meant it when he said: "To thine own self be true". but, in choosing him to say it, i can't help but think that shakespeare was just being sarcastic. hence, me.

i did the seruling bit when we played temple of the king and everyone gave me the stare. didnt work with the serious bunch.

Wednesday, 14 March, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw you sitting in the fifth row left aisle, St Joesph Cathedral this morning. Was a nice wedding, dont you think?

Wednesday, 14 March, 2007  
Blogger Demented said...

anon : if this is going to make me feel all nice and good somewhere around my pubic area, you've acheive your objective. thanks buddy. really, thank you for noticing me in the fifth row left aisle, st joesph cathedral at a wedding yesterday morning. i thought it was nice.

Thursday, 15 March, 2007  
Blogger bastard united said...

banana cake.whoa, din know that you were into baking.
Gin blossoms, wuhuuu...miss the 90's man...rock and bake on....

Thursday, 15 March, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow din know u r into baking lol..cool! i hav nt play music for a very long time d.. yea music is such a relief =)

Thursday, 15 March, 2007  
Blogger Demented said...

bastard united : well, now you know. next when you swing by, i do you one.

frank : psssst...its my way to get them ladies attention. actually i dont bake, i was at a bakery when that photo was taken. but dont you go tell anyone now.

Thursday, 15 March, 2007  
Blogger CreativeBitchin said...

where's MY cake?

Thursday, 03 May, 2007  
Blogger Demented said...

bitch, you'll get it if you promise to call.

Thursday, 10 May, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home