A Noble Conjecture

I constantly torment myself with my burgeoning intelect...sometimes I wet my pants.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Gomorah, Sodom

I recognise my indulgence in alcohol is a cause of concern. I am equally distraught at my incorrigible insistence to partake in the celebration of my continued sluggish state brought upon by self inflicted and militaristic penchant for mindless mutilation. And you may go ahead and assume that God loves you more but He wants you to know that I am still his favourite.

Sunday, August 12, 2007

Sunday

I, a sinner, was again late as usual for church this morning. The preacher man was already into the sermon for the day and after I took my seat, set my sight forward to the pulpit and attempted to listen. Three minutes into the sermon, I think I slept. Because I heard something which vaguely sounded like this -

"Gaaaaaad!!!..death..death..Gaaaaad...loves..forgive...gay marriages...rrrrggghhhddeath"

And then I woke up, I think. I whispered to the young man seated to my right and asked if he had the bulletin. He passed his to me, smiled and said, "Too much last night, huh?"

Damn beer breath!!!.

I scanned through the bulletin and it read 'DEATH'. In bold print. Yup, topic of the week.

Anyhoooo, I thought a topic like that was just too heavy for me to swallow and might get me into a passive mood. Which would later spoil what could be a promising good day. And so I quietly left my seat and went to see the usual sinners, loitering at the front of the church.

A sinful brother, bible opened to a chapter, read this to me :

Our Father in heaven, Hallowed be Your name.
Your kingdom come.
Your will be done
On earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our debts,
As we forgive our debtors.
And do not lead us into temptation,
But deliver us from the evil one.
For Yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever.
Amen.

And after reading that, showed me this :

Our Father in heaven,
Reveal who you are.
Set the world right, yo;
Do what's best- as above, so below.
Keep us alive with three square meals.
Keep us chilling with you and so we chill with others.
Keep us safe from ourselves and da Devil.
Cos you're in charge!
You can do anything you want!
You're ablaze in beauty!
Yes. Yes. Yes.

Now, here is another rather poetic version (how presumptuous - but written with all the Christian love and sincerity nonetheless :

Dearest Papa,
residing in the faraway firmament -
I speak Your name with both reverence and delight.
Bring me to where You are,
in word and deed and thought.
Never let me go hungry for Your Word,
keep me ever grateful to You
as I am ever grateful for those around me.
Maintain me in Your love,
keep from me free from misfortune and misery.
You are King, You are Master, You are Magnificent!
And that's all there is!

And just like that, I heard the closing prayers from inside.

My Sunday turned out to be good after all. Yes! Yes! Yes!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You've been a good boy haven't you? Blessed is he who goes to church to sleep.

Monday, 13 August, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is blasphemous!

Tuesday, 14 August, 2007  
Blogger Demented said...

trish : blessed is me

preacher man : how?

Friday, 17 August, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home