A Noble Conjecture

I constantly torment myself with my burgeoning intelect...sometimes I wet my pants.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Gomorah, Sodom

I recognise my indulgence in alcohol is a cause of concern. I am equally distraught at my incorrigible insistence to partake in the celebration of my continued sluggish state brought upon by self inflicted and militaristic penchant for mindless mutilation. And you may go ahead and assume that God loves you more but He wants you to know that I am still his favourite.

Monday, September 14, 2009

Black Cat

I know you know this one.

They say if a black cat walks under the ladder you're climbing, you're fucked and if a black cat crosses your path, you're sure going to be doubly fucked.

Thats what happened after dinner just now as me and my dinner partner walked towards my ride. The feline of bad omen crossed our path which stopped my dinner partner dead in his track and prompted him to chant some unintelligible mantra, waving his hands around frantically in between. Totally blown away, I stood there staring at him.

"You can't be too careful. Bad luck, you know", he said.

So at the pub, and still curious, I asked him at what distance does the bad luck begins to affect me. That is, how far away does a black cat have to be? 2 feet? 12 1/2 maybe? A few hundred feet? Do I even have to fucking see the cat crossing my path for the bad luck to start or is it enough that a black cat cross my path at all, whether I see it or not? And does the cat have to be a specific breed? Like if it was a cross breed of a Siamese and a stray, would my bad luck be quadrupled in its affect or something?

He wasn't amused and said we shouldn't be questioning the spirit world, the fairy's and those small little beings that sometime appears to his grandfather.

But never mind that. Back to the black cat - does the same bad luck thing applies when you're driving? Say, when one runs across the road in front of you?

I mean, why can't these things be more precise?

Hey, you!

Yeah. You.

Happy birthday!

4 Comments:

Blogger CreativeBitchin said...

just so you know, black cats have never brought me bad luck. and feline lover i am, i've actually gone up to some just to play with them. they're really nice creatures, really.

your friend's one helluva drama king LOL.

Wednesday, 16 September, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got a question. Will I have bad luck if I walk under a cloth line with a few woman's underwear hanging.

Wednesday, 16 September, 2009  
Blogger Demented said...

bitch : i've got no issues with black cats. i like black things...i do.

anon : and my question is, why would you want to walk under a cloth line with a few woman's underwear hanging?

Wednesday, 16 September, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not sure.... but i did ran over a black cat once in front of my house... it didnt die. mb i ran over its other body part or whatever not enough to road kill it.

but anyways, in my case, i bet the bad luck was on the black cat itself.

Wednesday, 16 September, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home