A Noble Conjecture

I constantly torment myself with my burgeoning intelect...sometimes I wet my pants.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Gomorah, Sodom

I recognise my indulgence in alcohol is a cause of concern. I am equally distraught at my incorrigible insistence to partake in the celebration of my continued sluggish state brought upon by self inflicted and militaristic penchant for mindless mutilation. And you may go ahead and assume that God loves you more but He wants you to know that I am still his favourite.

Saturday, October 07, 2006

The Lord's Beer Prayer


Our Lager which art in barrels,
Hallowed be thy drink,
I will be drunk,
At home as in the tavern,
Give us this day our foamy head,
And forgive us our spillages,
As we forgive those who spill against us,
And lead us not into incarceration,
But deliver us from hangovers,
For thine is the beer, the bitter and the lager,
Forever and ever,
Barmen.
  • Damn it!!! My head hurts and it isn't funny anymore. Obviously, the above prayer didn't work for me today. I wasn't delivered from this damn hangover. I still can smell beer on my friggin own breath. I don't know about you but I never fail to utter some form of incantations or prayer before I sleep regardless how super inebriated I am.

  • The fact is, I never go to sleep without a prayer. I remember uttering something this morning when I hit the sofa. Something incoherent but invoking the name of my saviour all the same.
  • And so I decided the above prayer should be put up there just because its a Saturday and there are some of us who will be going for mass. Besides, tomorrow is Sunday. Dear friends, please pray for me. My head still hurts. I may have had a bit too much last night.

  • This has got to stop. Starting tonight.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This one is a must prayer for me from today onwards.

T.J

Saturday, 07 October, 2006  
Blogger Demented said...

anon : dont bother T.J. It doesn't work. but thanks for the books. i've started with one already.

Monday, 09 October, 2006  
Blogger bastard united said...

Last friday was ladies nite at my place...I had so much of variety of alcoholic drinks to consume..which i did...
I was drunk that nite due to the amount of cocktails and beers i drank...
As usual, i showed up for work later that morning...
And I smelled of alcohol even after having a shower n sparying loads of perfume...damn, i had a meeting wif a client that day...hehehe...
imagine what the client wud have thought...This bai fellow, hmmmpphh, typical drunk like the rest of 'em...he he he...
barmen....

Tuesday, 10 October, 2006  
Blogger Demented said...

bastard united : you bai brathas are the ultimate mannnn...salute!!!

Tuesday, 10 October, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home