A Noble Conjecture

I constantly torment myself with my burgeoning intelect...sometimes I wet my pants.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Gomorah, Sodom

I recognise my indulgence in alcohol is a cause of concern. I am equally distraught at my incorrigible insistence to partake in the celebration of my continued sluggish state brought upon by self inflicted and militaristic penchant for mindless mutilation. And you may go ahead and assume that God loves you more but He wants you to know that I am still his favourite.

Thursday, October 05, 2006

My Place No More

I was at 'my place' last night to finish off my three beers. Leftovers from some nights I was there but for the life of me I can't remember which night now. I went to say goodbye.

I saw new faces. New staff. The not so new ones said they missed me.

It's hard to leave a place you grown to love. It's harder still to find its replacement. But as much as I didn't want to, 'my place' has lost its charm and particularly, its very soul. It's just not the same anymore. But that's my opinion. I might visit for old times sake.

The boys and girls that made the place happen are now all gone. All left for better things. It is sad to see them leave but change is inevitable, I guess. Someone told me last night, even Ghana left too. That's him in the arms of the two most beautiful women over at 'my place'. The same two woman who made the place a little brighter for us drunks. I can't say much for the guys but it's always good to have a beautiful women or two working the bar. Both are no more there as most of you might already know.

Jim the barman is now working at a new establishment near my office which is good. I met him last night. He is happier there.

And so for the past few nights I have embarked on a quest in search for the elusive replacement. I have gone to a few but my soul just didn't seem to agree with any of them. This is going to be harder than I thought. Even Jim's place didn't shake me a bit. Don't get me wrong. Jim's place is good but it needs...soul.
The above photo there was taken during happier times at 'my place'. It is obvious that we were very inebriated by foreign substances and ethanol based drinks. I will miss the place. I miss it now.

I'm going to take a crap in a bit. I should be visiting one or two watering holes later and beer, as one wise man once said, should enter only a purely clean body.

5 Comments:

Blogger sour milk said...

Why's everyone's post on Luconia? *scratch head*
Nothing that fills like Luconia, there's no where else that feels more like home.

Thursday, 05 October, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sayang, if you're looking for a home why not try mine? I'll stock up the fridge with Tiger's and make sure the bed is warm.

Thursday, 05 October, 2006  
Blogger Demented said...

sourmilk : fact - there isn't a place like lucs in the whole bloody city.

sasha : sayang, youre barely 16. surely, you know that im too old for you. besides, your mom wouldn't approve. dont you have to sit for some exam or something?

Friday, 06 October, 2006  
Blogger CreativeBitchin said...

O.o!

Friday, 06 October, 2006  
Blogger Demented said...

chienne : i know. damnnnn!

Friday, 06 October, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home