A Noble Conjecture

I constantly torment myself with my burgeoning intelect...sometimes I wet my pants.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Gomorah, Sodom

I recognise my indulgence in alcohol is a cause of concern. I am equally distraught at my incorrigible insistence to partake in the celebration of my continued sluggish state brought upon by self inflicted and militaristic penchant for mindless mutilation. And you may go ahead and assume that God loves you more but He wants you to know that I am still his favourite.

Sunday, January 23, 2011

A Change

There are very strange people I know. Like those who do this "new year resolution" thing. Okay, so I don't swing that way. But it's fucking 23rd of January and still they ask me of my new year resolution. And I'm like, what the fuck? Go fucking far away. Freaks!

Oh, did I just hear you ask what this new year resolution thing is?

It is that time when we all tell ourselves (and everyone within earshot) just how dramatically our life is about to change or some shit like that.

Of course it is. Of course we do.

Just like we did the last fucking twenty New Year's eves.

Sure, we would have made those necessary changes earlier than now, but we all know that you can't do it in October or March, and don't even talk to me about December. That would be simply ridiculous. Why January is the official 'start-time' for change is again, beyond me.

Yes, you're going to be happier, more relaxed, more balanced - zen and all that shit, healthier, richer and thats all about to happen. For a week at least. This year, we may even stretch it to two.

But of course it is not some high mercury science shit for anyone to know that all these jive about these New Year's resolutions ultimately amount to fucking nothing. Nothing positive anyway. But some continue with the stupid tradition nonetheless. There it is, fucking tradition.

Go ahead. Just watch your friends, family and colleagues over the next few days, weeks and months. No. Probably just for the next few days. And then take a peek at your own past while you're at it. And unless you're the exception, you'll find there's been lots of talk and lots of great intentions and amazing ideas over the years. A bunch of fucking hot air and very little results. Moments of greatness but overall, kinda disappointing.

Its the same thing every year. A bunch of promises to ourselves that we never fucking keep. We get all worked up and excited for about eight minutes and then we get back into our old way. It's what we do. It's not so much life-long change as it is a momentary phase. I think this is sometimes called short term behavioural change, people.

Pretty much like farting. Makes us feel better for a moment.

And even confronted with the obvious fucked up track record and a vast wasteland of shattered dreams, they continue to approach every New Year the same way. With the same dumb, pointless strategy.

A broken broken record stuck in the same groove comes to mind. Fucking repeating...oooh, fuck it!

Well, get over it already, fuckers! The New Year is not the right time for making resolutions. Its March the 16th or take June the 5th if you like June. It makes absolutely no difference. Try the 8th of August just for fun.

Me, I do this. Have two or three hundred beers and then decide for change. Like what I did when I quit the smokes. It makes so much sense.

For the rest, you know there's always next New Years Eve.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home